Full Time (40/week)(Annual Salary, Dependent on Experience)
General Function: Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Two Feathers, the Clinician works in a team setting to implement treatment services, with Native American children, adults, and groups within the service area.
- Conduct mental health screenings and provide referrals as appropriate.
- Deliver individual psychotherapy to Native American clients.
- Deliver psychotherapy in a group setting to Native American clients.
- Maintain protocol and forms for therapy and mental health services.
- Assess clients to determine best practices and referrals as needed for their continued recovery and support.
- Conduct assessment interviews with new clients, assess and/or diagnose client needs.
- Develop and monitor treatment plans.
- Provide crisis intervention services including safety assessments, safety planning and follow up
- Participate in case review meetings and staff meetings
- Maintain client files and records
- Assist in data collection and provide monthly progress reports
- Attend appropriate conferences and trainings to enhance education and awareness
- Work with other community-based agencies and/or referral services
- Maintain grant paperwork necessary to provide evaluation information, and report information
- Work with other service providers who are part of a client’s support team.
- Work collaboratively with Tribal and Native American services such as mental health, social services and medical providers.
- Other duties as assigned
Must have a completed graduate level degree in Social Work or Psychology AND have a current State MFT or LCSW license or be registered as an Associate Clinical Social Worker or Associate Marriage and Family Therapist. Must be in good standing with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (Two Feathers Native American Family Services offers free clinical supervision to any staff registered as an ASW or AMFT).
Experience: Demonstrated experience in providing psychotherapy to Native American children and adults. Must pass a mandated FBI background investigation.