Two Feathers Native American Family Services is seeking to hire a full-time Grants & Contracts Administrator who will work with Two Feathers NAFS’ leadership team and project directors to support the full lifecycle of funding sources. Two Feathers NAFS has an annual budget of $3M with over 15 grants/awards varying in dollar amounts and compliance requirements (federal, state, county, foundations, private, and MOUs). This position helps Two Feathers NAFS make go/no decisions on funding opportunities, supports proposal submission, assists with contract negotiation, and post-award administration (both financial and non-financial). This position will work within moderately complex systems and helps maintain and update systems over time.
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Compensation: $26 to $29 per hour, depending on experience
Please submit a cover letter addressing your interest in this position and your professional background, in addition to your resume. To email, please send to email@example.com. To mail, please address it to Two Feathers NAFS, Attn: Human Resources, 1560 Betty Court, McKinleyville, CA 95519.
- Assist in preparing and organizing funding proposals and continuation applications and monitoring deadlines
- Prepare initial and revised budgets, working closely with the Operations Director.
- Assist with the preparation of agreements and subawards
- Monitor agreements for compliance with contractual requirements
- Advise leadership and project directors on interpreting and adhering to funding requirements
- Correspond with and update the Financial Manager frequently on grant status and budgets
- Monitor appropriateness of expenditures on awards and subawards
- Correspond with funders and subrecipients regarding performance of programming or project
- Process modifications to existing agreements
- Assist project directors and evaluators with the preparation and submission of reports
- Assist in closing out awards and subawards
- Assist project directors with monitoring grant scope of work and timeline to ensure project commitments are met.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience with grants management and compliance, preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Current driver’s license, in good standing
- Fingerprint clearance with the Department of Justice, FBI, and Child Abuse Index
- Must comply with a drug-free workplace
- Proficient in Excel and Google Sheets
- Must understand and be able to create budgets, manage budgets, and reconcile budgets.
- Strong project management skills: preparing for and facilitating meetings, communication, scheduling and time management, ability to work with details
- Effective written, visual, and oral communication skills necessary to express your thoughts and document notes.
- Proficient using technology (computers, smart devices, emails, word processing, Google Workplace, etc.).
- Ability to be flexible with frequent changes.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with others.
- Ability to work autonomously with independent problem solving skills.
- Behaves with a friendly demeanor.
- Cultural humility and proven ability to interact authentically and effectively with widely diverse audiences and constituencies.
- Able to honor matters of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn about local Native communities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Native staff, community partners, and funders.
- Life-long learning: desire and ability to acquire and apply new knowledge and skills; learn from mistakes and successes; seek and accept constructive feedback from others; identify and access learning sources and opportunities
- Sit for extended periods at a computer
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone and video conferencing
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- This is a full-time position. Salary will be determined on experience.
- Health insurance: Employees are eligible after the first full month of employment and Two Feathers NAFS pays 80% of the cost of the employee’s Anthem Silver PPO plan health coverage.
- Dental and Vision are also available at cost to employee.
- Retirement Plan: Employees are eligible for a Simple IRA after 30 days of employment. After six months of employment, Two Feathers will match dollar for dollar the employee’s elective deferral contribution up to 3% of the employee’s total annual compensation.
- Full-time employees accrue 96 hours of sick time and 1 week of vacation within the first year of employments, to increase to 2 weeks of vacation earned per year after the first year.
- 13.5 paid holidays per year.
- Discounted membership dues at The Club (fitness center in same parking lot).